Photo gallery and history of the chancery

The German Embassy in Ottawa - 1951 until now

  • February 13, 1951 - consular relations between Germany and Canada are reestablished.
  • April 1, 1951 - The German Consulate General is opened on 580/582 Chapel Street, Ottawa
  • November 8, 1951 - The German Consulate General becomes the German Embassy
  • 1954 - The property on 1 Waverley Street, Ottawa is bought
  • August 15, 1956 – constructions are started
  • 1957 - The German Embassy moves to 1 Waverley Street
  • 1992-95 - The German Embassy is being renovated. The German Embassy is meanwhile located on the 13th floor of the Standard Life buildung 275 Slater Street, Ottawa
  • October 2, 1995 - Reopening of the Embassy on 1 Waverley Street

Photo gallery and history of the chancery

German Embassy